Friday, January 6, 2023

I'm Dave Jaffe, that's right, a real DJ!


Over the past month I trained to become a DJ on KOOP, an Austin community radio station. The music I want to play is, of course, rocknrollcountrysoul!

I did a few sets on a KOOP show called the Lonesome Stranger as part of my DJ training. They're a bit rough but I think I'm starting to find the groove. You can listen using the following links. I recommend you download the MP3s to your device before playing:

12/1/2022 - w/ Honest John - West Texas, Rodeo, Tequila songs

12/8/2022 - w/ Dillon Minacci - Black Opry, Indigenous Americana

12/15/2022 - w/ Yanceman - Hippies Doing Country Music, Okie From Muskogee answer songs

I passed the training right before Christmas and joined the Lonesome Stranger collective as their 5th DJ, so I will do the 5th Thursday of the month, the first one of which is March 30, plus possibly substitute before then. The show streams on koop.org at 9 am Central on Thursdays and the recording is available afterwards. With my travel schedule I can't have my own weekly show but I am trying to find a partner to share one with. Stay tuned!


2 comments:

  1. AMAZING! I love listening to these sets! Congratulations from another real DJ

    ReplyDelete